Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Simple, easy, and perfectly delicious, these vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies can be made by simple ingredients you might already have in your cupboard!
These cookies are the perfect little treat for when your Sweet Tooth is having some cravings. One of my favorite indulgences is chocolate! Moderation is key when it comes to indulgence, especially sugar, wouldn't want to end up with a sugar rush and then a sugar crash. Stay hydrated and indulge in moderation!
Luckily, the ingredients to these cookies can be of natural or organic quality if you so wish.
Makes 12 cookies
Preheat oven to 350ºF
Prep time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 12 minutes - Total: ~25 minutes
-3/4 cup quick or rolled oats
-3/4 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
-1/3 cup packed brown sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
-1/3 cup rice milk, oat milk, or other plant-based milk
-1/3 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
First) Set oven to 350ºF.
2) Using an electric hand mixer, mix all dry ingredients together (oats, flour, sugar, baking powder.)
3) Then add coconut oil and plant milk and mix.
4) Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips.
It should be sticky enough to make little balls of dough. If it's still a little dry, you can add another bit of coconut oil or plant milk, use your judgement.
5) Scoop into little balls using a spoon, ice scream scoop, or simply your clean, washed hands. Flatten slightly.
6) Space them out equally on a baking sheet.
7) Bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes for a slightly golden hue.
8) Remove from oven and let cool.
These cookies come out chewy at the center and crispy around the edges. They make a perfect little sweet dessert or treat for you to enjoy and share with your loved ones!